I was born in Cyprus in 1985. I graduated from the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Humanities, Girne American University in 2007. I continued my education in the Counseling Psychology master’s program at the same university. I completed my mandatory internships at the SOS Children’s Village and the Children’s Department of the Institute of Behavioral Sciences (DBE). I wrote my thesis on “The Relationship between Parental Attitudes and Anxiety Levels of Preschool Children”. I graduated with high honors in 2012.
I completed the Child Assessment Package training from the Turkish Psychologists Association. In [year], I participated in the DBE Children and Youth Vocational Training and Internship Program. That same year, I did a one-month voluntary internship at the VKV American Hospital Children’s Department. I completed the first module of Carol and Bryon Norton’s Experiential Play Therapy Training.
I completed the 450-hour European Family Therapy Association (EFTA) approved Systemic Couple and Family Therapy Training Program at the Relationship Psychotherapies Institute. I received Systemic psychotherapy supervision from California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Çiğdem Alper. I completed the Child-Centered Play Therapy and Filial Therapy training and supervisions of Expert Psychological Counselor Filiz Çetin and became a Family Enhancement and Play Center certified Child-Centered Play Therapist and Filial Therapist. I completed EMDR Level 1, EMDR Child education, and EMDR working groups with couples, all of which are approved by EMDR Europe, at the Institute of Behavioral Sciences.
I attended Dr. Sue Jennings’ Neuro-Dramatic-Play (NDO) Diploma training as a Drama and Play Therapist-Trainer. As part of the program, I conducted Neuro-Dramatic-Play studies with high-risk children and their families in Brașov. After a one-year supervision process, I became an assistant trainer for Neuro-Dramatic-Play (NDO) approved by the Drama Therapy Institute. I am the first and only NDO expert in Turkey.
I conducted studies and workshops on Integrative Play Therapy with adults, the elderly, couples, and families with Dr. Shlomo Ariel.
Since 2019, I have been providing psychological support to individuals, children, couples, and families at Yaşamca Psychology.
- In 2008, I worked as a school psychologist at Girne American Elementary School.
- In 2010-2011, I worked as a lecturer at Girne American University, Faculty of Humanities, Department of Psychology.
- Between 2010 and 2012, I provided counseling services to various preschool education institutions.
- In 2014, I participated in the establishment of the child department of Urla Psychotherapy Center and worked with children and families for one year.
- Between 2012 and 2019, I worked with individuals, children, couples, and families at the Relationship Psychotherapies Institute.
Projects I was involved in:
- Between 2012 and 2014, I provided psychological counseling support to low socio-economic families in collaboration with IPE-TOCEV.
- On November 22, 2015, I participated in the parent-child group study organized by ÇATED, the Family and Alternative Family
- Committee, for Children’s Rights Day.
- Between 2015 and 2016, I worked with underprivileged children in the IPE-KORUNCUK project for one year.